Tuesday, November 16, 2010

DISC-Dominance


     In the last week, the professor was given a leadership/management diagnostic test, which qualities we possess and the type of leader or manager we would make. In this class exercise we learned that characteristics of behavior can be grouped into four major managerial styles: Dominance, Influence, Steadiness and Conscientiousness.
      According this test, I realize that I am the Dc person. D is a manager who tends to be dominant shaping the environment by overcoming opposition to accomplish results. I think the “Dominance” is best describing me because some of the descriptions very close to my personality. The second style close to me is C conscientiousness, which emphasize on working conscientiously with existing circumstances to ensure quality and accuracy. Most of the time, I would like to pay attention on every detail, and step by step to process everything.
    I think this exercise is very helpful to let me know I am the “dominant” person. That is true for me; I would like to have power and challenge in work. This personality exercise could let us know strengthen and weaknesses, and what level we should on it. Different people have different personality, we cannot change for those style because it’s came from our normal life. This type of exercise would probably help in personal interactions to see how people would react in different circumstances and to learn more about their personalities and ways of doing things. Because some of the people, they might not know their personality before. But after this exercise, they learned more and know more. I think this was a good way to let me know what type of manager I could performance in the future and do better.

3 comments:

  1. I am also D-type. The test was pretty accurate on many points and it really helps you determine a little more about your personality and also as you mentioned make you identify your weaknesses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you this personality test was great to know how you will be in different situations as well as other individuals. It is very helpful to learn peoples different styles because then you would not be able to be upset if they are doing something too slowly or not executing the task the way you want. However, if you understand your work style and others; the work environment would be much better

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt this test was extremely useful. It let us see the kind of person we really are, and how we would fit into the work environment. It definitely does help to know our strengths and weaknesses.

    ReplyDelete