Monday, September 13, 2010

Myself

Hello:

            My name is Yong Ci Chen, I came from China. I came to America 9 years ago. My family and I came to America because we wanted to have a better life in the future. Also, I wanted to have a good education in my life time. This is my first semester in Baruch College. My major is Accounting, and I might become a CPA. Now, I am working part-time job in the medical office, and full time for my study. I hope I can enjoy in this class and learn more knowledge of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Yong. It's interesting to hear about you and the struggles, your parents took to come to this country. I wasn't born here either, even though we come from different continents, I know from experience, leaving a life that you have there to come here isn't easy. It's probably more harder on our parents, but thats the sacrifices they take for us. This class sounds very fun, I really like the group works that the prof engages us in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yong, my major is accounting too. Im taking finanacial accounting 1 this semester. It's a lot of work and challenging in the fact that it's a lot of work, but it's all about practice. My parents came here for a better education for us too. I can't say I had to adapt to a new culture because I was only six months old, but I think we can relate to having parents who are unfamiliar with American culture.

    ReplyDelete